Saturday, November 17, 2007

True love.

True love is something that we can only understand once we have felt it. The word love is used so often without any regard to what it actually means. This past week I realized what it feels like to have a truly broken heart. My hero, my role model, my guiding light passed away. My grandmother died peacefully with her family around her. They took off her oxygen mask...we said the Lord's prayer together...she took a last breath and went off to heaven. My heart truly aches for her even though I do know she is in a better place.
It is this moment in my life that has made me question what I am doing and where I want to go. True love makes you think about what truly matters.

I am off to Rome for a week....to think...to pray.

I miss you Sitto!

No comments: